A delicious two layer apple pecan pie recipe. Apples tossed in sugar, nutmeg, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice make up the bottom layer of this inverted pie. Pecans and brown sugar make up the beautiful top. Try this pecan pie recipe !
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- Pastry for 2 crust pie
- 6 cups sliced Baking Apples
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Spread butter on bottom and sides of glass pie plate. Arrange pecans on bottom and sides or pie plate.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar over top of pecans and press to hold pecans in place.
4. Roll out bottom crust. Allow for enough dough to over hang pie plate ½”. Place crust in pie plate over sugar and pecans.
5. In a medium-mixing bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
6. Pour apple filling into pie crust.
7. Roll out top crust. Place over apple pie filling and seal edges with bottom crust.
8. Prick top crust with fork.
9. Bake 10 minutes, then lower oven to 350 F and bake additional 40-45 minutes.
10. Remove from oven.
11. When pie filling stops bubbling, place serving plate over pie and invert.
12. Carefully remove pie pan.
13. The pecan pie recipe is ready to serve warm. Enjoy it !